Wednesday, October 15, 2008

MY TINOLA

The first dish I'll gonna share with you is one of the easiest dish I know - TINOLA or Chicken Ginger Stew with Vegetables in English. It's my off today so I decided to cook for my hubby since he is the one who cooks for us most of the time since he is a work from home professional. The preparation is enjoyable and I am happy that he like it. Here are the ingredients of my Tinola cooked with love (haha!)

INGRIDIENTS

* 1 kilo whole chicken, cut into pieces
* 1 small young papaya or sayote, cut into small pieces
* 2 tbsp. ginger, crushed and sliced into strips
* 1/2 cup dahon ng sili (chili leaves)
* 1 liter of water
* 5 garlic cloves, minced
* 4 tbsp. cooking oil
* 2 tbsp. patis (fish sauce)

COOKING INSTRUCTION

1) In a stock pot, heat oil and saute garlic, onion and ginger
2) Add water and the chicken
3) Bring to a boil and simmer for about 20 minutes or until chicken is almost done
4) Season with patis
5) Add papaya and continue to simmer for additional 5 minutes or until papaya
softens but not overcooked
6) Add sili leaves then turn off leaves
7) Serve steaming hot with plain rice and patis

whoala!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails